|Location||As per customer discussion|
Coating systems as recommended are as under:
a) Surface Preparation:
Grit blasting to ISO 8501-1, SA 2 ½ grade with a surface profile of 40 microns. Over the
blasted surface, the following paints may be applied.
b) Primer : One coat of Zinc ethyl silicate primer to a DFT of 50 μm
c) Intermediate Coat: One coat of Epoxy-MIO undercoat to a DFT of 150 μm
d) Top coat : One coat of Acrylic polyurethane topcoat to a DFT of 50 μm
International Standard ISO 12944 Part 5 (Protective paint systems) as Zinc rich Epoxy(ZEP) + Epoxy (EP) + Polyurethane (PUR)
• A good specification and an appropriate coating system for the service environment,
• The correct atmospheric conditions for the work to proceed,
• Skilled, Qualified and Competent workers.
• Well maintained, appropriate surface preparation and application equipment,
• Qualified management systems
• Stringently followed Procedures, international Standards such as ISO, ASTM, SSPC and Safety systems
• A carefully designed and implemented quality control and quality assurance program,
• Ethically sound quality assurance and quality control practices,
• Well-trained, ethical coatings inspectors (QC and QA).